Accomplishments over the past year include:
Goals for the upcoming year include:
1. We are in need of building repairs and maintenance at several of our Clubs.
2. We are in need of more corporate and community partnerships to help us provide job readiness training and opportunities for our youth.
3. We are in need of consistent volunteer groups who would make a commitment to have volunteers at all of our special events and to help in our thrift stores on a regular basis.
4. We are in need of new or gently used vehicles to transport our youth to field trips, community events, and to our workforce development center/programs, especially 12 passenger vans.
5. We are in need of new computers and technology for our Clubs and our Administrative Office.
Boys & Girls Clubs of the Virginia Peninsula has a rich history, serving youth across the Virginia Peninsula and surrounding communities. We have grown from one Club (Boys’ Club of Newport News) serving 250 boys in 1946 to 13 Clubs that serve over 6,000 boys and girls. We have also opened a Boys & Girls Club Workforce Development Center and two Boys & Girls Clubs' Thrift Stores. Our organization began serving youth in just Newport News and now we have Clubs located in Newport News, Hampton, York, Gloucester, Mathews and Williamsburg. We have made a deep impact on this community with alumni who have grown up to be business leaders, serve in the military, as government employees, doctors, professional athletes and so much more. Over the past 70 years our organization continues to do what it does best - teach youth the importance of education, how to make positive life choices and how to plan for the future. We do all of this in a safe, fun environment with adult professionals who care about them.
Indirect Public Support HelpIndirect public support represents revenue received through solicitation campaigns. This includes funding United Way and other federated fundraising organizations, but does not include donor designated contributions.
Earned Revenue HelpEarned revenue represents income generated in direct exchange for a product or service.Earned income includes income from government contracts.
Copyright © 2014 The Community Foundation Serving Richmond & Central Virginia7501 Boulders View Drive, Richmond, VA 23225804-330-7400 | www.tcfrichmond.org