Organizations in GiveRichmond.org must meet all of the following criteria:
- Nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) status.
- Organizations that are located in or serve the Commonwealth of Virginia, with an emphasis on those serving the following geographic regions: the cities of Colonial Heights, Hopewell, Petersburg and Richmond, as well as the counties of Charles City, Chesterfield, Dinwiddie, Gloucester, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, Lancaster, Louisa, King and Queen, New Kent, Mathews, Middlesex, Northumberland, Powhatan, Prince George and Sussex.
- File an IRS Form 990, 990-EZ or IRS 990-N.
- At this time, GiveRichmond does not accept portraits from religious institutions that primarily operate for religious purposes (churches, synagogues, places of worship) or governmental agencies.
To request a portrait for your organization, send an email to Phil Giaramita at
Include the following information in your email:
- Organization Name (as it appears on your IRS letter)
- Tax ID Number (EIN Number on your IRS letter)
- Name and email address of person who will complete your portrait
GiveRichmond is an online self-entry process. Depending on your preference to create a minimal or more robust portrait, creation time can be as little as 2 hours. You will enter information about your organization's programs, needs, board, history, etc. The Community Foundation Serving Richmond and Central Virginia will verify and enter information in the financial section and the portrait will undergo a review and approval by your organization's leadership before publication.
GiveRichmond can provide coaches to support you through the portrait process. We require that your portrait be complete and live on the site within 8 weeks.